Where does the Money Go?
When you buy delicious Girl Scout Cookies, you’re helping to power new, unique and amazing experiences for girls—experiences that broaden their worlds, help them learn essential life skills, and prepare them to practice a lifetime of leadership. And guess what—100 percent of the money stays local! That means you’re not only supporting girls’ success, but the success of your community too—sweet!
How the Cookie Program Helps Pay for Girl Scouting
The Girl Scout Cookie Program helps to subsidize Girl Programs, keeping Girl Scouting affordable for all girls. In fact, the Cookie Program is vital to our mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character.
Here’s what the Cookie Program makes possible:
- Keeps camp affordable by subsidizing the registration cost
- Provides grants to girls and troops with financial barriers, so that Girl Scouting is available to all girls
- Girls also earn proceeds for their individual troop, which are used for troop activities and service projects within their communities.
How the Cookie Crumbles: Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York
Thanks to the Girl Scout Cookie program, we're able to keep Council programs affordable for families, give girls experiences they wouldn't otherwise have, and so much more!
- Costs of Cookies and Promotion: 25%
- Troop Proceeds and Rewards: 24%
- Program and Volunteer Services: 22%
- Operations and Management: 10%